Wednesday, May 3, 2023

A Weekend Away

It is no surprise I love the beach!  When Darrell was sent to work in Florida for 2 weeks-we joked about me visiting him while there.  I had never been to the Gulf Coast beaches and was wanting to jump in the beautiful water!  Just to say, I had never joined Darrell on a trip!  I have always stayed home with the kids.  So when we joked...it was just a joke!  Little did I know....
Well, this joke became a reality and I flew down by myself (lots of quiet to read) and Darrell picked me up.  We ate at amazing restaurants, visited Honeymoon Island (yes, its real name) and walked around the city.  It was beautiful!


I loved sticking my toes in the water and seeing the many small fish in the surf!  It was much warmer than our New England beaches! 
We even met an adventurous family who had just sold their home and were hitting the road with their 2 kids to travel the country.  We encouraged them in home schooling and saw them several more times before we left.  This was a God appointment for sure! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment