Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wilderness Camp



We've been a part of camp for over 17 years….it has been a wonderful place for our children to have fun, learn and grow in leadership skills.  This year we had 5 counselors and 5 campers.



They sang, listened to stories, shot rifles, did archery and their favorite….extended challenge where they are up in the trees on rope courses.  It is such a wonderful week to experience.




I had a few hours each morning while the younger ones were at camp…they only attend until noon.  I was able to go on a morning kayak adventure with Michaela, our oldest daughter.  It was such a special treat to be out on the lake with just her.  We paddled through the water lilies, enjoyed good conversation and enjoyed the big blue sky.


I also took my first and probably only horse lesson on the season…Spirit and I had a good lesson even if she pushed every button she could.  I know we both enjoyed it.


I also took a few hikes….one with our dog Ellie.  It gave me lots of prayer and thinking time.  I also took a hike with a dear friend….another treat as we didn't get interrupted one time by a kiddo.


At the end of the week of camp, we celebrated the kids accomplishments and then had the traditional ice cream.  


I am so thankful for the people who invest their time into this wonderful program.

No comments:

Post a Comment