Thursday, February 11, 2016

Created For Care

This retreat filled up in under 15 minutes.....900 slots....back in August.  I was SO excited to get one and move forward with great anticipation.  How could it get better?....my Adoption buddy was joining me.

My hubby knew we were go to be tired for our early morning flight when he woke every few hours to hear us chatting through the night.  We were excited....really excited.  That morning, despite the free pat down at the airport thanks to a candle that was brought as a donation requested by the ministry team, we found everything funny.  That is what happens when you have lack of sleep.  

When we arrived in Atlanta...the air was chilly.  Chillier than the NH winter we had just left.  We traveled north to our hotel, settled in for some rest and relaxation a day before the retreat started.  We walked the around the beautiful lake, found a swing by the lake and made good use of it, went to Moonies for bar BQ and chatted and laughed.

Our retreat included wonderful speakers, moms with many like hearts, hearing people's stories--adoptive moms and those that had been adopted.  I was blown away with the Creative quiet time and the deep places it brought me and those surrounding me.  The Bible journaling class was exciting and our children have implemented it with much enthusiasm.  It was good...ALL good to connect, refresh and learn.  The hearts of the ladies who run this retreat are amazing...they are committed to the details and giving us an amazing time away.

The speakers words have stuck with me....put on the armour, send your straight arrows, finding hope through our kids stories, letting God work in their lives, pouring our hearts out in prayer for our families....arise and shine....through it all.



One sweet mama gave me a gift she had made and brought to the conference to bless someone....a necklace with an anchor in it and the verse from Hebrews....this hope is an anchor to my soul.  What a blessing to go along with my weekend.

Powerful things are happening in our homes....loving that we found Created for Care.   Excited to share with my family in the coming days.  Many blessings were to be had.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, this was such a blessing! An incredible blessing! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go! And how sweet that you received the anchor necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete