Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Bit More of Our Weekend

Our goal this weekend was to reconnect with Aggy....our former exchange student.  After traveling to Darrell's mom's hose on Friday night and crashing around 1 am....we all woke up at 6 and were packed again and ready to connect with Aggy in Baltimore.  From there, we stayed with Darrell's sister and her family in DC.  The next morning, we slept in a bit, had a leisurely breakfast, and the kids all hung out with their cousins.  Around noon, we headed to my folks in New Jersey.

We arrived around dinner time.  There was a concert being hosted by the local cluster which my mom had tickets too.  She offered them to us.  Darrell stayed and visited with the 3 little kids while I headed  out to the concert.  My kids only agreed to go if we could leave if they didn't care for it.

The fist group out was local.  They were a rap band and my daughter said they were too loud and hurt her ears.

They were followed by Chelsea Musick from NJ.  She was a bit of a cross between country and pop.  She wrote all her own music and had an incredible testimony.  The kids all liked her music.  She competed in the X factor...something I have no idea about and had to ask a few folks.  Then, the band 3 Shades of Blue came out.  They were fun to watch amd got the very small but dedicated crowd moving.  
Here is the lead singer of 3 Shades of Blue....we loved their piano!  The band was made up of 4 brothers and a friend from Philly.  The four brothers were from a family of 9 kids.  Our kids shared some of their adoption story.  Michael actually opened up first when he told the set of twins from the band his twin story...they were amazed.  It was a sweet time of sharing their testimony with the band.

Here is a picture with Chelsea and the kids....she encouraged the boys and Kiara just loved her.

Chelsea gave all the girls butterfly clips....remember those Michaela and Jessica.  They were all the rage when you were smaller?

Here is a picture of the kids with the band 3 Shades of Blue.

After the concert, we headed to Wawa to get subs....oh, we're they good!  We went home and ate our dinner around 9pm.  Of course the kids bought snacks at the concert before hand and even had one lady by them a round.  She was very sweet reaching out to them!  We went to my folks and fellowshiped with them till about midnight.  We left after lunch and headed to Darrell's mom in Delaware.  She had dinner waiting for us.  We then went for a walk to the playground for the kids to run a bit....something we haven't been able to do with all the snow back home.  It was nice and fairly warm...a treat for us!

Jason hanging out with  Max.

Mike on the swings.

Joe stopped a second for a quick snap of the photo before he was on his way again.

Brandon very excited that no one could catch him in tag.  He is the master of that game.


Our silly boy Devon!

The next morning we headed to Lancaster, Pa where we dropped Darrell off for an audit for work.  We did some shopping and then met my folks at my sisters house.  The kids were tired and cranky....we all took naps!  We had a long night of travel back to NH ahead of us.

Darrell finished work and we all headed to Good and Plenty restaurant to celebrate my sisters birthday. It was fun to have some local favorites with my family and chat together.  We all pilled in the car after dinner and drove back to NH arriving around 2:30 am.  Darrell had to be at work at 8 am the next morning.  It was a long day and we all headed to bed early.

An adoption update....some of our paperwork was lost for our home study.  I had been waiting and checking to find out about the missing papers.  Hopefully, it has been fixed and we are exoecting the needed paperwork comes in quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I'd love to take the kids and visit all the history on that side of the U.S. We have a son stationed in Georgia and they are taking advantage of it while they are there.