Tuesday, January 20, 2015

When I Was A Kid

Any one who went to Maurice RiverTownship Elementary School and remembers my dad as a teacher, Mr Fitzgerald, will remeber these....
My kids had some loose change and discovered these today. It's rare that I let them purchase candy but knew they would share and knew they'd be gone pretty quick.

As they were smacking their lips with the variety of fruit favors, I had a rush of memories of my dad as a teacher; the stories his students would share about my dad sneaking life savers during the school day, the funny stories of when his mouth got dry without them and the piles of life savor "books" he would get as gifts during the holidays.  

What wonderful memories brought in a little colorful package by my sweetie pie kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment